Nine Years Old & Empty

I'm not sure what the title means, apart from me starting piano at nine.

Anyways, I decided to ditch homework and get something I feel has been wanting to be completed for a long while-- a piano cover. I was appalled to find that I started on this song in February of 2012. I thought it was only six months since I started, but no, its been almost a year.

It occured to me awhile ago, but I've only started to take it seriously recently-- that our lives are basically, eventually, defined by what we leave behind. The ash after the embers have gone out. It sounds kind of odd, maybe grim when I phrase it like that, as if I'm preparing for my death or something, but no. No, I just mean that only from working on yourself will you start to become your own David.

So I started working. And one of the things I've wanted to improve upon is my ability to consistently practice the piano.

And yeah, instead of sitting my butt down and doing homework, I opted to do about 40 takes (on top of the 30 takes I took last week) to finally get this bit out of my system.

Here it is. I hope you enjoy it.


xx jen

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “Nine Years Old & Empty”

  1. Looool shimmying your hands away, you totally would :P looooooove it. TEACH ME :P btw we should collaborate a cover together! You play and I sing? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa dude, you know that's how I do! LOL
      WAT, dude you play beautifully, why would I teach you, I'm a noob hahaha
      We should..! What song? =) INU YASHA SONG INU YASHA SONG!

      Delete
    2. ...we still have to work on this hahaha :P

      Delete