Las Margaritas Foodstuffs Review of Le Awesomeness


I don't really remember how I ended up at Las Marg. I think I had initiated a Facebook message amongst friends to try to catch some of the Dine Out Vancouver wave that happens mid January to the beginning of February every year. We agreed to go to Las Marg, but there was something silly like how we couldn't access the Dine Out menu if we didn't have reservation.

We went anyways to hang out and ordered off the regular menu.

I'm not going to lie at all-- I was pretty indifferent about going to a Mexican food place. I'm not Mexican, but I have tacos or chili every month, and it just so happened that I was caught during a week when I had already had Mexican food twice. My taste buds were pretty tired of that genre of food, so this review might be a little... biased. I'm not sure if that's the word, haha. But it's going to be skewed because of my very Mexican week prior.

I had never been to Las Margaritas prior to this. I was really surprised at how freaking dark it was in the restaurant. It was lovely though-- the decor made it seem very much like I wasn't in West Van anymore. If there was a dance floor and really loud music, I would've felt like I was in that one club scene from Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights ... LOL

Before I left home, I perused the online menu and Urbanspoon to see what I wanted to eat. After some research, I knew I was going to order the Pancho Villa Tostada and I really REALLY wanted to try Jarritos. I was super excited for trying Jarritos than actually having the food, haha.

Here's the shot of my PVT:

And here are some of the things my friends ordered:

 
The food wasn't elegantly presented, but I honestly think it's ridiculous to expect legitimate Mexican food to be presented like a piece of artwork. I mean, the ingredients they work with are refried beans. Refried beans will usually be ugly, haha. I enjoyed my meal, the price was what I expected it to be, (PVT for $11.50, I believe,) and I had stuff to take home. And I always love taking food home, because for some reason, I end up sooooooooo hungry when I get home from ANY restaurant.

I don't think I'm going to go back if I have a choice, simply because I already eat enough Mexican food as is-- NOT because I don't like the place. The restaurant is charming and I consider their food, comfort. Our server was really busy but supremely nice. I was also hella pumped because I got to keep the Jarritos bottle and I collect bottles, so that was a plus. =) People should give this place a try if they don't know anyone who already makes a good batch of homemade Mexican food.

Here is my finaaaaaal evaluaaaaaation:

FOOD ♥♥♥♡ | SERVICE ♥♥♥
VALUE
♥♥♥ | AMBIANCE ♥♥♥

Thanks for hanging out guys, moar l8r ya ;p

- J
---
Las Margaritas Mexican on Urbanspoon

This entry was posted on Monday, February 11, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

5 Responses to “Las Margaritas Foodstuffs Review of Le Awesomeness”

  1. Replies
    1. Yo what were the names of those waffle places you were talking about last night againÉ They sound so goo *A*

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete