FOB Is Back To Break Our Hearts

This is kind of old news, but I swear I heard about it within three hours of news coming out:

FALL OUT BOY HAS REASSEMBLED!

I cried, and laughed, and cried, and screamed, and I may or may not have peed myself! Ha! My good friend and fellow FOB friend texted me with the news, (thanks Autumn!,) and she absolutely MADE MY LIFE with this news.

They have a single that's been floating around. It's on the radio now and it's not really what I expected-- but that's perfect, because I guess that this can be called exceeding or expanding beyond my expectations. Here it is, the dandy thing:


I'm not really well-informed in the realm of music and I didn't really know who 2 Chainz was until I saw this video, and this valentine on Tumblr:


But yeah, the band looks alive and healthy in promotional pictures, despite the threatening ending of that music video:


Their album was due to be released much later than the now projected date of April 15th and 16th. They said that they bumped it up because writing and production had actually been coming along much nicer than they initially planned, which is handy dandy because I can't wait to save up my lunch money for their CD. (I'm 22, and I still do "lunch money." Forever young-- or is it forever juvenile?)

But yeah, I just looked it up and was surprised to find that this is their album cover for an album titled "Save Rock and Roll":


What caught me off guard was that this is a photo that I had seen on the internet, probably a couple of years ago-- and it was one that touched me deeply. It's one of those pictures you just kind of have to stare at for awhile because it is so perfect and so worthy of the attention it demands. Apparently it's a photography by a man named Roger Stonehouse.

The second thing that caught me, but ever so slightly, was the fact that this image was used for an album titled what it is titled. Like, okay, I get it, it's probably referring to the duality of rock, that there's a hard side to it and that there's something soft that lays inside that, or that it can represent their transition or half-transition from the rock they used to play to something that is different, harder to define, etc. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see after hearing the actual album to really get what might be going on here.

The tour dates are out and unfortunately, I was unable to acquire tickets alongside two other comrades who were planning to go because the ticket ordering system glitched at the perfect time :-( It's alright, though-- knowing that they're alive and kicking is good enough for me :-)

After I had flipped my crap about FOB being back together and having a mini break-down, (a good one,) about it, I decided to dress for such a momentous day. This is what I changed into for the rest of the day:


 



(... And a BlueDrop for good measure :-])

For now, I'm just going to try to survive until the album release date ;-)

- Jen

This entry was posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply