being, not catching.

I was trying to come up with a creative title and I succeeded and it was deep and then I forgot what it meant. LOL

Long day but I was heller excited. (Bee tee dubs, hell --> hella --> heller for some reason.) Instead of getting to sleep in, A.K.A. getting up and out of bed at some time around 9:00am, I was prepping to play the photographer for an arts dialogue taking place at Creekside Community Centre in Vancouver. A friend of mind from high school and university who is a good half of ArtQuake, a non-profit group focused on youth, activism and the arts, called me a couple of days prior to the event asking if I would be privy to take some shots and, itching to flex some sort of creative muscle, I agreed to be part of the lovely event.

More on that later, though. I hope to post my review of the event on the ArtQuake blog, as I am a sporadically a guest blogger there.

Then I headed home after the great event and found myself headed off to some weird location with my sister near Commercial to pick up a script for one of her plays and then we were off to Metro to try to catch the Canadian version of "black Friday deals." Which is silly because black Friday here is secretly actually more like a black weekend, lol.

Anyways, my head has been chugging long and hard all day and one thing I came up with is that I have finally admitted to myself that I really don't like shopping (in most cases.) I can't help but think about how a couple of other people out there have the exact same thing as I do. 

I tried to pick apart further why I would probably never be one of those "haul" kids who so enthusiastically blog and vlog about the cool stuff they just purchased. I remembered that I didn't buy much when I was a kid and I was very limited in what I could purchase when I was a teen because I wasn't allowed to get a job.

Buying things was more associated to a feeling of guilt rather than something to be enjoyed. This was because the belief that every dollar was hard earned was very much what I used to hearing. And so I grew up with a declining interest in going out and shopping because I would always feel ashamed at some point for using my parents' hard-earned dollars on things like candy and going to movies with friends.

This problem still pokes around at the back of my head but it's not quite as bad as I'm using my own earnings rather than my parents' at this point. Still, I think this might still have something to do with my reluctance and indecisiveness in buying things. I am not saying there is anything wrong with being a haul blog or vlogger. It's totally fine-- it just isn't entirely my piece of cake.

So I made an aim to try to twiddle with things  in my wardrobe more often. Truth be told, I have a whole whack of clothing items that are waiting for me to figure something out with some needle and thread. It's calling out to me more than ever and I feel that I should definitely get to that. I've made a list of things to touch on in the summer and yeah, some things got done, but many things didn't. And maybe this "many" should get closer to becoming done.

But for now, here is a picture of what I got. Buying business-y clothing is long over-due for me, considering I've been in my program for a good... Three years and a semester. I have no idea how I survived all that time without these things, lmbo. So here it is, in all its' yellow-bag glory:


The two shirts in the two left aren't too relevant. Just stuff to slink around for rainy weather when coffee and novels are tempting entertainment for the duration of those days. One belongs to my sister but I will likely be sneaking it out every once in awhile, hahaha. I'm looking for ways to make these pieces unique. I used to think it was not good to be an "individual." Apparently, I have been wrong about this all this time. So I will find a way to make this snazzy.

And now, I am home, doing this (blogging,) satisfied with the Qoola and A&W that was quickly consumed prior to returning home. Now I shall disappear into the depths of my warm bed where this developing sore-throat will hopefully go away.

Snapshots from this evening, after said mall adventure:

Post-It Notes that I need to review from a meeting.

Sick-kid goods.

Fog, which I don't really get tired of. Ever.























Later days,
- Jen

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply